Last month while in San Francisco I bought a canon sure shot WP-1 32mm f3.5 underwater film camera from a thrift store for $3.99. Stoked.. When I went home and did some research I found the normal price on ebay is around $50.00. I was surprised it worked and I shot 2 rolls so far, one color and one black and white. The camera is very durable, so its easy to feel comfortable traveling around with. Canon says that the WP means weatherproof, but I have taken this camera completely submerged in the ocean over 4 times and it still works great. I’m really liking this camera and was pretty excited with the results. Here are some of my favorites photos from the 2 rolls-
* Lens: 32mm f/3.5 (6 elements in 6 groups)
* 3-point smart autofocus from 1-3m and a fixed focus macro mode for 17in. -3.3ft. with forced flash) for underwater shots as close as 45cm (17in.)
* Programmed shutter: 1/60s-1/250s
* Viewfinder: large and bright for use with swimming goggles, autofocus frame, ready light, flash warning.
* Flash: Automatic, but can be disabled. GN: 7.5m at ISO 100.
* Date/Time feature with LCD.
* Automatic winding.
* Waterproof: 5m, using rubber seals and O-rings.
* Power: One 3V CR123A battery
* Dimensions & weight: 133x88x56 mm, 385 g (with battery)